Xanakham District Destroys Equipment Used in Illegal Gold Dredging on Mekong River

20/05/2026 13:34
ຂປລ Authorities in Xanakham District on May 19 destroyed boats and equipment seized during operations targeting illegal placer gold dredging along the Mekong River.


The destruction ceremony was organized by the district’s Party Committee and Administrative Committee as part of efforts to crack down on unauthorized and environmentally harmful mining activities.

Officials said the operation was carried out in accordance with Prime Minister’s Order No. 46 and Party Secretariat Order No. 11, as well as directives issued by provincial authorities.

The action followed guidance from the Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee, the provincial governor and deputy governor of Vientiane Province.

Authorities said the move reflects the government’s commitment to protecting natural resources, preserving the environment and maintaining public order in local communities.

According to local officials, the destroyed equipment had been confiscated during recent enforcement operations against illegal gold dredging activities along the Mekong River.

KPL

ຂ່າວອື່ນໆ

ads
ads

Top