(KPL) Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc will pay an official working visit to the Lao PDR on April 26-27 in response to an invitation by his Lao counterpart, Mr Thongloun Sisoulith and to enhance the long traditional friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between Laos and Vietnam.
The following are some important facts about the Vietnamese Prime Minister:
- Date of birth: Jul 20, 1954
- Native land: Que Phu commune, Que Son district, Quang Nam Province
- Ethnic group: Kinh
- Religion: None
+ General education: 10/10
+ Academic Degree: Bachelor of Economics, Hanoi National Economics University (1978)
+Foreign languages: English (B level), Russian (B level)
- Date of Party admission: May 12, 1982; Date of official membership: Nov 12, 1983.
- Member of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam (10th, 11th and 12th tenures; Politburo member (11th and 12th tenures)
- Deputy of the National Assembly (11th, 13th and 14th tenures)
- Deputy of the People’s Council of Quang Nam Province in the 1999-2004 and 2004-2011 tenures.
- 1966 – 1968: Went to a revolutionary base and then was taken to the north for education
- 1968 – 1972: Attended high school
- 1973 – 1978: Studied at Hanoi National Economics University (NEU)
- 1978 – 1979: Worked at Quang Nam – Danang Economic Management Board
- 1979 – 1993: Cadre; Deputy Chief; Chief of the Office of Quang Nam – Danang Provincial People’s Committee.
- 1993 – 1996: Director of the Tourism Department; Director of the Planning and Investment Department of Quang Nam-Danang Province; Member of the Provincial Party Committee (15th and 16th tenures).
- 1997 – 2001: Standing member of the Quang Nam Provincial Party Committee (17th and 18th tenures); Deputy Chairman and later Permanent Deputy Chairman of Quang Nam Provincial People’s Committee and Head of the Management Board of Quang Nam Industrial Zones; member of the Quang Nam Provincial People’s Council (6th tenure);
- 2001 – 2004: Vice Secretary of the Quang Nam Provincial Party Committee (18th tenure); Chairman of Quang Nam Provincial People’s Committee; National Assembly deputy (11th tenure); member of the 11th National Assembly’s Economic and Budgetary Committee;
- 2004 – 2006: Vice Secretary of the Quang Nam Provincial Party Committee (19th tenure); Chairman of the Quang Nam Provincial People’s Committee; deputy at the Quang Nam Provincial People’s Council (7th tenure); National Assembly deputy (11th tenure); member of the 11th National Assembly’s Economic and Budgetary Committee.
- Mar 2006 – May 2006: Deputy Inspector General of the Government Inspectorate; Elected to the Party Central Committee at the 10th National Party Congress.
- Jun 2006 – Aug 2007: Member of the 10th Party Central Committee; Permanent Vice Chairman of the Government Office; Member of the 11th National Assembly’s Economic and Budgetary Committee.
- Aug 2007 – Jan 2011: Member of the 10th Party Central Committee; Minister - Chairman of the Government Office; Member of the Party Committee of the Government; Head of the Prime Minister’s Task Force for Administrative Procedure Reform.
- Jan 2011 – Jul 2011: Member of the Politburo (11th tenure); Minister - Chairman of the Government Office.
- Aug 2011 – Apr 2016: Member of the Politburo (11th and 12th tenures); Deputy Prime Minister, Chairman of the Vietnam-Laos Inter-governmental Committee; Head of the Steering Committee for the North-west Region; Head of the Government’s Steering Committee for Crime Prevention and Control; Head of the National Steering Committee for Prevention and Control of Smuggling, Trade Fraud and Fake Commodities; Head of the Government’s Steering Committee for Administrative Reform; Chairman of the National Traffic Safety Committee; Vice Chairman of the Central Steering Committee for Corruption Prevention and Control; Vice Chairman of the Central Steering Committee for Judicial Reform.
- Apr 2016 – Jul 2016: Member of the Politburo (12th tenure), Prime Minister in the 2011-2016 tenure; Vice Chairman of the Council for National Defence and Security; member of the Central Military Commission’s Standing Board; member of the standing board of the Central Public Security Party Committee; Head of the National Steering Committee on International Integration; Chairman of the Central Council for Emulation and Rewards; Chairman of the National Council for Education and Human Resources Development.
- Jul 26, 2016: Elected Prime Minister for the 2016 – 2021 tenure at the first session of the 14th National Assembly.